Wednesday, February 14, 2007

sometimes I hate people

So here I am work last night, and our heater isn't working. So in comes "Bill". Allow me introduce "Bill" to you. "Bill" is the owners son, previous assistant manager of Harveys and an all around asshole. There are some who would argue that last bit with me but well, in this case or rather in my case its pretty accurate.

"Bill" (for sake of of not slandering etc etc) has disliked me from the beginning because of my question employment history where I jumped jobs 3 times in the course of 3 months. He has picked and criticised me at work to the point where I had almost walked out on the place several times since starting there.

Last night he came in to check out the heating system for the dining room, which I had gotten working by the time he left. He put on this guise of being all friendly n shyte when he returned and talked and hung on the comper in the managers office before finally ridding myself of his presense. 10 min after he left I went and prepared to count tills and what do I find? Memorandum's on Assistant Manager responsibility!! x 2!! Okay, for starters I read this little summation of his while I was trained by the previous Assistant manager. Secondly, the emphasis on my tasks was a little irritating. Thirdly, the @#$% even went to the point of putting my name on one of them, as though I don't know my job. I KNOW MY JOB DAMMIT.

I was so pissed last night. He did that with Kayla too coming in and leaving her little notes on what she should and should not being doing yada yada. And I'm wtf? If you don't like how I do my job and you didnt like how she did it, then do it yourself BUT wait oh yeah thats right you quit working here because you don't like the restaurant thats right!! so why the hell don't you bugger off and leave the rest of us whom actually want to work here alone! And lets not mention the fact that 50% of the time you were on shift you hanging out on msn at work and only deemed to come out every 15 min to tell us minions what to do! -fumes-

I swear to god one of the happier days of my life was when this guy left. There was always so much tension in the restaurant when he started that it drove me absolutely insane and now hes doing it again and I want to scream at him!!

Other than that the shift went smoothly, I had a little trouble with the till balancing again but it was mostly okay. Just the last half of it that didnt want to add up correctly. I figure its my poor math somewhere. Oh well. Doug is checking into it tonite.

I think thats the last of my angsty whine.

Ciao.
-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home