Monday, February 05, 2007

the first round in the ring

So today went okay I guess. I mean I didnt really have any problems aside from:
a) I made the soup wrong, apparently the water is suppose to boil before you put it in
b) I killed the already dead chicken when I put it on the spits
c) turned on the rottisary (sp) 25 min later than I'm suppose to
d) spilled frier grease all over the floor..

BUT - I opened the safe. I successfully and correctly changed prices on the register. All my paper work was done for the day. I didn't burn anything and managed to learn something new. And I didnt do anything I couldn't fix after - I even cooked during a mini rush on the grill when our cook was on break..

Apparently some people have a problem with my au-thor-it-ee lol. I had to tell off our senior cook today because while everyone else was busting ass - myself included- he felt he was too good to lower himself to menial responsibility. And when I told him to do something all he did was either ignore me out right or just laugh or chuckle. And I was like 'wtf? get off your ass and do something!" I spoke to the owner about him tonite because this guy has been like that forever the only one he doesnt give that to is the owner and thats cuz the owner is too kind.

Tomorrow night I have to close. This means counting tills and struggles with the dreaded safe but I feel more confident in the fact that I managed to open it today. I think I can handle it now. It'll be interesting to see how our students respond to me. I really don't want to be the bitch but I do so loathe it when people have no respect or authority and such things.

When Kayla was manager I admit I was pissed that she got it, and it grated abit that I had to listen to someone who is 5/6 years my junior but I still listened and even learned to get along with her and now look I have her job lol . Ironic yes?

Ryan has spent his second night in his bed. Last night I tucked him, read him a book and gave him a kiss on the forehead. And then went to bed. But I explained a few things to him first. A) his room has a night light so it wont get too dark that he can't see. (b) mommy's room is just one room over (c) Nan was in the living room and (d) the kiss is magic so it keeps all things scary away. And then I reminded him about the treat he'd be getting if he slept in his bed.

Today I bought a rail for it so I wont have to lay awake dreading that he'll fall out. 1 hour and a half brings bedtime I'm curious to see how it'll go.

I think thats all for my ramblings.
Ciao.
-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home