Sunday, February 04, 2007

the new cop on the beat

Alright so that sounds a little cheesey, you'll have to forgive me. Tomorrow begins my new day of assistant manager-ish (yes I know it isn't proper english). I open up the store and start my day off with a battle with the safe. So not cool, this safe is dumb . D - U- M -B! It doesn't matter how many times I try or what I do it doesnt want to open for me. Fun fun!

I'm a little nervous that people (ie: the students and a guy we'll call bozo for now) are gonna give me attitude though too, and it grates - ALOT. I mean come on I've been there for 2 years now, I deserve this and more than that I -can- do it. I've been in charge before, I have what it takes and I learn quick like, so what gives. They're all gonna try to walk all over me I know it and I'ma lay the almighty smack down on their candy asses - to quote the rock - and then they're gonna hate me. Oh well, I just don't like tension but I suppose I should get myself aquainted with it.

Ryan spent his first night in his bed last night. I've been wanting to do this for sometime but for some reason I lose even more sleep when hes not there than I do when he is. But I'm more excited than he is I think about this. The real test is going to see if he'll do it tonite. I promised him that he keeps doing it, I'll treat him to McD's. He loves McD's. Yes I know its treason.

I've been fiddling around in some adobe and I think I've finally gotten the hang of CS2 which is great, because when I first got it I was kind of overwhelmed I guess. Its not a great deal different from PS 7 but its got alot more nifty-ness and today I did my first ava from scratch, no pre-made brushes/textures/styles - noffin but my creativity and me. And it came out pretty sweet too!! I'll have to get it hosted so I can post a link.

So I guess this year brings new challenges. I'm crossing my fingers on the financial side of things and hoping one find day someone will drop a million dollars in my lap to get my osap loan paid. In the meantime I guess I'll just have to tolerate it draining my pocket. I'm also working towards a skinnier bettah lookin me. A buddy of mine (thank you Donna) is sending me a dieters guide an I'm bust my little bum trying to get rid of the jiggle. Don't ask.

Hmm. Oh yes I did something today I shoulda done along time ago and reconnected with someone close to me. She got caught in the ugliness of my relationship handi-cap and got the shaft when I went into hiding. But I got her again and it was so nice talking to her again, I cut so many people out of my world when things got ugly a few years ago and I had to refrain from the online community and I really miss the closeness I had with a few of them - yes Courtney that means you too.

I suppose in the long run it was bound to happen though, I just sorta sped the process up. Life sucks. Work is hard. Days are long as we get older we dont have the time to devote to our virtual family I guess, but inspite of distances and the seemingly emptiness these machines seem to promote there are a few on this piece of scrap metal and glass that I come to love and could not, or rather would not ever want to have gone through my life without knowing, and I really hope you all know who you are. Most of you are closer to me than some of my rt friends.

Anyway, I'm getting sappy, the night is short and work layeth ahead of me tomorrow.

ciao

-J

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home