Saturday, March 03, 2007

for whom doth the bell toll?

Last night was bad. On a scale of 1 to 10 it was a 12 at the very least.

I started out with a good vibe last night. I counted my first till and it wasn't even missing a penny. I counted the second one and it was missing about 2000 pennies. or rather 200 dollars. Which freaked me out.

When I close the register at night, I do a report off the cash which gives a tally for the sales. Then I take it to the back for counting. So when I fill out my till sheet I should have 2 hundred over what the sales slip says because we start with a 200 dollar float. SO I count everything out and then I look to see what our net sales for the evening on that register were. They were 700 and some odd dollars so when I'm done counting up debit slips, cash and coin I should have somewhere a little over 900. Then I subtract the two hundred what I have left should be the equivalent to our net sales. Unfortunately, last night this was not the case. Net sales=765$, total cash (debit receipts, coin and all bills included)=764 and some odd cents. So this leaves me with the question of - where is my float? If I take the float from my subtotal I'm left 200 short for my deposit. If you take the full deposit you have an empty register drawer.

That was the major thing.

The other thing was the shake machine. Its new and a pain in the ass to clean. A very big pain in the ass to clean. If the machine is too low on milkshake mix you can't empty at night because it wont pour out the mix. It shuts off. But yet I have to keep this low this time of year of because we really dont sell that much of it. Ugh . Lets just say - Annoying.

So anyway I counted up my drive thru register and its almost flawless. It was the last till for the night and only short by like 55 cents. So I'm left to figure out what happened to my float for the first one again. Needless to say I didnt. Simply because I couldnt. I left everything as is for doug who is going to come in and fix it up in the am.

In the meantime, I feel super inadequate again. And it depresses me. I just hope the boss doesnt feel that way, because I really can do this job. And better than that I really like it too.

-hangs head-

I think thats all for the day.

-Ciao

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home